The MBA program at the Australian Institute of Management is offered through their dedicated business school, AIM Business School. The AIM MBA is available in both face-to-face and online delivery modes with the option to blend both and also provides rolling intakes meaning you can start when and where you want. AIM is a registered, accredited Higher Education provider.
AIM has easily accessible, centrally located campuses with state-of-the-art facilities in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney as well as its online MBA, readily accessible via its virtual campus.
The AIM Business School MBA model is designed to deliver a real return on investment, allowing managers to apply what they learn immediately in their roles through practical assessments, start and complete their study flexibly, with options including starting at any point during the year, a “just-in-time” delivery as they develop in their working roles and completing each stage in the MBA within as little as 12 months.
“The AIM MBA puts real value into businesses by assessing the practical application of students learning in their workplace, rather than assessing learning via exams. While effectively consolidating our students’ learning, this also helps to improve their own work practice while also providing an immediate benefit to their business or organisation. At AIM, we’re able to inject practicality into our MBA teaching by using experienced business people with strong academic credentials as lecturers, which further adds to the real world value our programs offer.”
AIM Business School Dean, Professor Elizabeth More.
The AIM MBA focuses on a practical application of knowledge and peer collaboration and is delivered in a student-centred way with flexible start dates, tailored learning programs and online interactions. It has been carefully crafted to ensure the ROI of each component is clear.
AIM Business School MBA Course Structure
The AIM Business School MBA pathway lets you build at your own pace towards a postgraduate qualification – Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or MBA – with flexibility built in at every stage. Able to blend into even the busiest of schedules, our MBA pathway means postgraduate study no longer needs to be a barrier when aiming for a work-life balance.
Whether you’re studying face-to-face, online or a blend of both with the AIM Business School, you’ll be enrolling in the pathway outlined below. Throughout your learning journey you will be supported by your Faculty Members and AIM’s Student Support Team.
Graduate Certificate in Management (4 units)
- Leading, Managing & Developing People
- Managing Financial Resources
- Marketing for Managers
- Managing Operational Improvement
Graduate Diploma in Management (8 units)
- 8 units (Graduate Certificate in Management units plus additional units below):
- Managing, Developing & Implementing Strategy
- Economics for Managers
- Business Research Methods
- Business Decision Making & Analysis
Master of Business Administration (9 core units plus 3 electives. Total of 12 units)
- 12 units (Graduate Certificate in Management units, Graduate Diploma in
- Management units plus 1 unit below):
- Corporate Strategy and Responsibility
Plus 3 elective units* from:
- Human Resource Management^
- Managing a Project Based Organisation
- Contract Law for Managers
- Managing Consultancy Practice
- International Business
- Strategic Organisational Change
- Leading for Innovation and Sustainability
- Workplace Project (9,000 words)≠
- Business Project (10,000 words)≠
- Or you may select the project option: Strategic Business Project – 3 units (20-30,000 words)≠
* Please note: Not all electives are offered in face-to-face mode
^ Pre-requisite: Leading, Managing and Developing People
×Pre-requisite: Managing Financial Resources, Managing Operational Improvement, Marketing for Managers
≠Pre-requisite: Business Research Methods
- Min 2 years managerial experience + bachelor degree
- Min 3 years managerial experience + Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification and successful completion of the Graduate Certificate & Graduate Diploma.
- 5 years relevant managerial experience (will provide you with access to the MBA pathway through Graduate Certificate)
The AIM MBA fees are based on completing 12 units, commencing with the Graduate Certificate in Management. The first four units (the Graduate Certificate) are charged at a total cost of $13,400 with the final 8 units (comprising of four units for the Graduate Diploma and the remaining four for the MBA program) charged at $3,350 per unit.
The full degree will cost $40,200.
*Information for fees is sourced from publicly available information in January 2017 and may not be reflective of actual costs. Current costs per subject/unit/course may change in the future, altering the overall cost of the degree. Consult course providers for fee confirmation.