Still only relative young, the University of South Australia (UniSA) has achieved much in the time they have been operating. Recently it was the most youthful Australian educator to be named in the top 50 of the Times Higher Education’s Top 100 global universities aged under 50. They pride themselves on being research focused and for designing programs with strong industry partnerships.
The programs have proved so successful that more than 90% of graduates go on to full-time work within four months of completing their degree. Apart from also ranking highly on QS world-ranking charts, their MBA program is one of only three to have held a five-star rating from the Graduate Management Association of Australia for five consecutive years.
“For each of the last 6 years we have been rated as one of Australia’s elite 5-Star MBAs. We are proud of that achievement which puts our MBA in the very top tier in Australia. You should also be very pleased to know that, because it gives you the assurance of quality, and the knowledge that you are enquiring about a top-class Australian MBA.” Bob Gilliver Program Director – MBA
The UniSA MBA program is designed to give graduates the tools they need to create their own opportunities and succeed in today’s fast-paced business environment – whether in a small, new business, or an established corporation, or government department.
Flexibility is a hallmark of the program, with the MBA available on campus in Adelaide and online around the world. About 250 students are studying the MBA at any one time at UniSA’s City West Campus on Adelaide’s famous North Terrace, in the heart of the CBD.
The University of South Australia’s MBA is all about choices. Students can study at the City West campus in Adelaide, or take the course online. For those who choose to study on campus, the classes are rostered in the evening, or in intensive mode over full days and weekends.
The academic year is divided into four study periods – each 11 weeks. They start in January, April, July and September. Students can commence their studies in any of these periods.
Full-time students are encouraged to take two courses each study period, while part-time students usually take one. With 12 subjects to complete in total, full-time students will usually finish the course in 18 months years and part-time students usually take three years.
Because students come from a range of backgrounds – all with different needs – the MBA is offered in three different formats. Participants can choose from general management, a specialisation or an elective. The general management MBA has 10 core subjects and two electives. The specialised MBA has eight core courses and four electives in the area of specialisation. The elective-based MBA consists of eight core courses and four electives.
The eight core subjects are:
- Contemporary Management Skills
- Leadership and Change Management
- Ethics, Governance and Sustainability
- Creative and Accountable Marketing
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Strategic Management
- Managerial Finance
Plus one of the following for the elective stream:
- Managerial Economics
- International Business
- The Law for Managers
Or an extra two core courses for the general management MBA:
- Managerial Economics
- International Business
Students can also apply to enrol in either the annual European Summer School of Advanced Management for two weeks in late June every year, or the annual Business in China Intensive School. Successful completion of either of these intensive programs will result in credit being awarded for two electives.
There are also many double masters that students can complete for a more specific field of expertise.
They are available in the following fields:
- Mater of Business (Professional Accounting)
- Master of Management
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of Marketing
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Information and Communication Technology Management
- Master of International Business
- Master of Management (Administrative Management)
- Master of Management (Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Master of Management (Tourism)
- Master of Management (Event Management)
- Master of Management (Integrated Supply Chain Management)
The University of South Australia also offers a graduate certificate and a graduate diploma in this area.
Applicants will need:
- A minimum of three-years full-time management experience and a university undergraduate degree or equivalent professional qualifications; or
- A minimum of seven-years full-time management experience and a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration from the University of South Australia, or an equivalent qualification from the University of South Australia or from another university; or
- A Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from the University of South Australia across at least four courses, or an equivalent qualification from the University of South Australia or from another university, and a minimum of five years full time relevant work experience.
All applicants are also required to submit two referee reports and a detailed curriculum vitae outlining management experience.
Minimum English proficiency requirements apply.
Domestic students: $38,438 (Indicative fee of $25,625 for one year study. 1.5 years in total)
International students: $44,400 (Indicative total fee on website)
All information is indicative only. Contact University of South Australia for specific and current information about course structure, requirements, fees and admission details.
- Web: www.unisa.edu.au/igsb/mba
- Phone: 1800 502 520
- International: (+61 8) 8302 0041
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Information from fees is sourced from publicly available information in November 2013 and may not be reflective of actual costs. Current costs per subject/unit/course may change in the future, altering the overall cost of the degree. Consult course providers for fee confirmation.