|University/Provider||QUT Business School, Queensland University of Technology|
|Course Name||Master of Business Administration (Digital MBA)|
|Duration||3 years part-time|
QUT Online Digital MBA Course Overview
In an era of rapid technological change and online innovation, the QUT Online Digital MBA will enable you to build expert knowledge and skills to lead future-focused organisations in the digital age.
Leaders who are able to harness opportunities that come with changing business environments in the digital age are in high demand globally. QUT’s Online Digital MBA offers all elements of a traditional MBA, like high-quality leadership and strategy education, while allowing you to study 100% online so that you can study around your schedule and location.
As part of QUT Online Digital MBA you will be able to access your academic team, business coaches, engagement coaches and your cohort for support. The program will encourage you to challenge conventions and go beyond established approaches to industry practice, and equip you to lead and manage decisively in the digital age.
The course consists of:
- Nine thematic units (12 credit points each); and
- Three High Impact Project (HiP) self-directed, work-integrated units (totalling 36 credit points).
Each unit is designed around the standard of 150 hours of learning distributed across ten weeks of primarily online and self-directed and workplace learning.
There is also an optional two-day face-to-face intensive workshop before each unit starts. You will undertake all twelve units sequentially. You may choose to undertake the High Impact Project of each phase either in parallel with the thematic units across the year or sequentially as a fourth 12-credit-point unit after the three thematic units of that phase have been completed.
What the university says
The Digital MBA is delivered in a unique design that offers a transdisciplinary approach to decision making in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) environments.
The program has been designed with the business challenge at its centre, with nine thematic units and three practical high-impact projects helping you to customise your learning and development outcomes and apply them directly to your workplace.
To gain entry into the QUT Online Digital MBA you must have:
- A completed recognised bachelor degree in any discipline with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4.5 (on QUT’s 7-point scale); and
- A minimum 3 years of full-time post-degree work experience, with a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional work experience and a minimum 1 year of supervisory/management experience.
You must submit responses to following mandatory reflective questions:
- Motivation to complete the QUT MBA
- Intended contribution to the cohort
- Work/life/study balance strategy
- Current leadership philosophy
You must also attend a videoconference interview with the MBA Program Manager. If you do not satisfy the minimum GPA requirement, you may be required to attend an interview with the MBA Director.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- International (AACSB) European Foundation for Management Development (EQUIS)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA).