|Business School/Provider||University of Melbourne, Melbourne Business School|
|Duration||1.5 years full-time|
|Delivery Mode||On campus|
|2020 Fees||$103,500 Domestic
* The next offered intake for this course will be in March, 2022.
University of Melbourne Executive Master of Business Administration Course Overview
Designed for managers with the ambition to challenge for greater responsibility and more senior positions, the Executive MBA (EMBA) program provides the right platform to enhance executive capabilities.
By drawing together a group of ambitious, curious and motivated managers in a collaborative academic environment, Melbourne Business School is able to support life-long engagement with your peers.
The University of Melbourne’s EMBA program is a rich learning environment that accommodates the understandable time constraints of managers. Completed over 18 months, it consists of 17 x 4-day weekend residential modules and one week-long overseas module in Asia. You return to your workplace between these weekends to apply your new insights, knowledge and skills, providing immediate return on investment for you and your employer throughout the program.
The curriculum is current and global in its orientation. It is an exciting, creative program with multiple learning methods, including interactive technologies, class discussions, syndicate projects, case studies, group problem-solving activities, simulations and international projects.
The faculties who teach on the program come from leading business schools around the world who combine academic rigour with practical business experience; they often work as consultants for high-profile corporations, non-profit organisations and government agencies.
The cohort’s background and experience is integral to the learning environment of the EMBA program. The professional, sectoral and cultural diversity of participants provides an exceptional opportunity for real insights into management and leadership.
University of Melbourne Executive Master of Business Administration Course Structure
- 17 x 4-day residential modules over 18 months.
- Melbourne-based modules commence at 10.00am Thursday and conclude at 4.00pm Sunday.
- Two subjects are taught concurrently on two sequential weekends over an 8 week period.
- The international module in Asia requires a maximum 9 days away from home, including travel time.
- Approximately 15 hours of self-study is required each week.
- A CV, showing a minimum five years’ management experience, gained after graduating from an undergraduate degree, in any organisation or industry.
- Certified copies of Bachelor and/or Master degree transcripts, which should include subjects completed, marks achieved and proof of completion.
- Certified copy of citizenship, for example, copy of passport or birth certificate.
- Personal statements relating to your goals and how you can contribute to the program.
- The names and contact details of two professional referees.
- An excellent command of English (copy of IELTS or TOEFL score, where required).
- A Graduate Management Admissions Test, which may be required if you have not completed previous tertiary study. (GMAT is the worldwide standard in aptitude assessment for admission to postgraduate management programs. For further information, visit the GMAT Educational Testing Services website.)