|Business School/Provider||UNSW Business School, University of New South Wales|
|Duration||2.5 years Full-time|
|Delivery Mode||Delivered on-campus at Kensington campus, UNSW Business School|
|2019 Fees||$98,610 Domestic
AGSM (Extension) @ UNSW Business School (MBA) Course Overview
The AGSM @ UNSW Business School (Extension MBA) is intended for students in UNSW’s MBA (full-time) who are seeking to extend their study plan to include an additional semester to undertake an internship or research project. The MBA (Extension) is identical to the MBA (full-time) with the addition of an extra session (Extension Session), totalling 120 Units of Credit, and is undertaken over 130 weeks
AGSM (Extension) @ UNSW Business School (MBA) Course Structure
The MBA (Extension) adds an extra term to the regular MBA program during which students will undertake an internship or research project.
The AGSM @ UNSW Business School (MBA) is typically completed in 16 months and has two stages.
Stage One – Nine core courses completed over two terms:
- MNGT5095 Foundations of Management – An intensive two week core course providing an overview of the role of a general manager, and the skills needed to be a successful manager. There is a specific focus on business ethics and the role it plays in equipping managers for business success. The remaining core courses are:
- MNGT5201 Economics in Management Practice
- MNGT5202 Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MNGT5211 Accounting
- MNGT5221 Corporate Finance
- MNGT5232 Data Analysis and Statistical Modelling for Business
- MNGT5251 Marketing Management
- MNGT5272 Managing People & Organisation
- MNGT5282 Strategy
Stage Two – Seven elective courses completed over a maximum of two terms by choosing courses from the following:
- MNGT5180 Operationalising Strategy
- MNGT5203 Entrepreneurship From the Inside
- MNGT5312 Financial Statement Analysis
- MNGT5321 Advanced Managerial Finance
- MNGT5322 Venture Capital Finance
- MNGT5325 International Finance
- MNGT5356 Digital Business and Marketing Strategy
- MNGT5374 Managerial Decision Making
- MNGT5388 Negotiations and Strategy
- MNGT5395 Strategies for Growth
- MNGT5520 Special Topic – Quantitative Business Modelling for Managers
- MNGT5521 Financial Strategy
- MNGT5522 Mergers and Acquisitions
- MNGT5540 Business Modelling
- MNGT5585 Individual Study in Management
- MNGT5589 Strategic Consulting Projects International exchange program
During stage two, students may also apply to go on an international exchange program at a UNSW partner school in Europe, North America or Asia. These partner schools represent 28 of the world’s leading business schools, including London Business School, Wharton, Stern (NYU) and ESADE. Students can also undertake a management project or individual studies in management during this phase.
What UNSW Business School Says
Students seeking to extend their MBA (full-time) experience to include an internship or research project in a specific area of interest and relevance to future career plans. Successful managers, executives and professionals who want to take their career to a new level. Ambitious people who want to fast track their chosen career or start a new enterprise.
UNSW Business School has been awarded EQUIS accreditation by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
- A prior degree from a recognised tertiary institution in any discipline with a minimum 2 years relevant professional and management experience, or;
- A minimum of 6 years relevant professional and management experience without a previous degree.
- Applicants typically have 5-25 years experience in middle management and senior management positions, e.g. Senior Engineer, General Manager, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Finance Manager.
For international students, a high degree of English language proficiency.