|Business School/Provider||Deakin University|
|Duration||2 years Full-time
4 years Part-time
|Delivery Mode||Delivered on-campus at Burwood and online|
|Commencements||March, July and November|
|2019 Fees||$68,616 Domestic
Deakin University MBA Healthcare Management Course Overview
Deakin’s MBA (Healthcare Management) is jointly run and managed by the Deakin Business School and the School of Medicine. It offers the best of both worlds – the core of Deakin’s MBA program and a tailored set of health units designed to prepare you to manage and lead healthcare services in Australia and overseas.
Deakin MBA Healthcare Management Course Structure
To complete the Master of Business Administration (Healthcare Management), students must attain a total of 16 credit points, consisting of 8 credit points of core units offered by the Faculty of Business and Law and 6 credit points of core units and 2 credit points of elective units offered by the Faculty of Health, plus completion of MAI010 Academic Integrity (0 -credit point compulsory unit). Most units (think of units as ‘subjects’) are equal to 1 credit point. Students must also complete three 0 credit point units.
What Deakin Says
As healthcare service delivery becomes complex because of changing population, disease profile and medical technology; so has the requirement for qualified healthcare managers increased. There is a pressing need for trained and skilled healthcare executives and leaders in Australia and the Asia-Pacific to lead and manage healthcare service delivery into the future. The Deakin MBA (Healthcare Management) course content has been developed in consultation with industry and by academics with several years of industry experience. With the Deakin MBA (Healthcare Management) qualification in hand you are well positioned to either progress in your existing healthcare management career or embark as a healthcare manager.
- ACHSM – Australasian College of Health Service Management
- Society for Health Administration Programs in Education (SHAPE)
Deakin University offers admission to postgraduate courses through a number of Admission categories. In all categories of admission, selection is based primarily on academic merit as indicated by an applicant’s previous academic record.
All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements.
Minimum admission criteria:
- Bachelor degree in any discipline and three years relevant work experience, or
- Graduate Certificate in a related discipline and five years relevant work experience, or
- Graduate Diploma equivalent (professional pathways).
The following considerations may also be applied:
- (i) Full-time, minimum 12 months clinical internships taken post-graduation by MBBS/BMBS/MBChB/BDS graduates may be considered equivalent to one year of the required 3 years’ professional work experience.
- (ii) All recognised postgraduate medical and/or dental fellowships may be considered as relevant professional work experience (recognised by their country’s licensing or regulatory bodies).