The Griffith University MBA distinguishes itself from others in Australia through a commitment to developing graduates with a strong sense of responsible leadership, sustainable business practices and an understanding of business in the Asia-Pacific region. It has been designed for middle to senior level managers as an advanced general management degree.
Located in Southeast Queensland (Brisbane, Logan and Gold Coast), the fastest growing region of Australia, Griffith Business School is part of Griffith University, a dynamic, innovative and well-respected public university with more than 40,000 students from 124 countries.
“By proactively monitoring business programs in a practical and relevant context, we aim to ensure business students are exposed to the most up-to-date subjects and information. Keeping business education on the front foot has never been as important.” Griffith University Business School Pro Vice Chancellor Professor Michael Powell
The MBA program offered at Griffith continues their tradition of receiving recognition from their peers and industry professionals. They are ranked highly in the top 30 on the Aspen Institute’s top 100 MBA programs from around the world and additionally, they recently received a Green Gown award for teaching the MBA program with a focus on sustainability.
The Griffith MBA is offered full-time and part-time at campuses in Brisbane (South Bank) and on the Gold Coast. Subjects can be taken over intensive weekend courses, evening classes, some online modules, and study abroad options.
The MBA is available through a blended delivery format, either combining online materials with access to presentations of academics and external speakers, or undertaking the entire course online. Students will be able to access course materials, participate in learning activities, lodge assessment items and access support services via the University’s online course site called Learning@Griffith.
There is no requirement for on-campus attendance however access to a reliable computer with internet connection is essential. You may choose to attend some on-campus classes to experience face-to-face interaction with your teachers and peers.
Griffith University MBA Course Structure
Students are required to complete 120 credit points, including 90 credit points from core MBA courses and 30 points from approved elective courses and/or international exchange component. Courses (subjects) are offered over traditional Semester-based teaching periods and with full time students generally completing 40 credit points per semester and taking approximately 18 months to complete the MBA.
Classes may be scheduled during the day and evening throughout the week, as well as in intensive mode (several full days in a row, often including at least some weekend class time). Sufficient classes will be scheduled in the evenings and in intensive mode to accommodate part-time students with employment or other responsibilities that limit weekday course engagement.
The MBA consists of 120 Credit Points (12 courses) with each equalling 10 credit points – nine courses and three electives. The core courses are delivered in fully flexible modes – offering online and face-to-face, with the option to alternate between the two. Students studying full-time may complete the program in 15 months or less*, while those studying part-time may complete in two years or more.
Griffith also offers an MBA with an award major in Public Policy (40 credit points) to provide students public management skills to advance their career within the public sector and the private-public sector interface.
* It is possible to complete the MBA over 12 months by enrolling in the intensive summer courses and attending the European Summer School of Advanced Management (ESSAM).
- Sustainability and Systems Thinking
- People Management
- Managing Change through Responsible Leadership
- Business Law
- Accounting and Reporting
Plus three electives and a capstone course – Strategy and Innovation – in the final semester.
* Electives may include an international exchange program or participation in the European Summer School of Advanced Management (ESSAM) which takes place in Denmark, at the Business Conference Centre in Aarhus (Handelsfagskolen).
To be eligible for admission to the Master of Business Administration program, a student must:
- one year in a role demonstrating management or leadership experience
- a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration from Griffith University with a minimum grade point average of 4.5
- To gain entry into the Graduate Certificate, if you do not have a bachelor’s degree with the right GPA, Griffith requires a minimum of 6 years full-time professional work experience, with two years in a role demonstrating management or leadership experience
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English.
The Griffith MBA costs $51,000 for domestic students and $55,500 for international students.
1.5 years full-time
3 years part-time
* Information on fees is sourced from publicly available information in November 2016 and may not be reflective of actual costs. Current costs per subject/unit/course may change in the future, altering the overall cost of the degree. Consult course providers for fee confirmation.