Originally opened as the Queensland Institute of Technology (Capricornia) in 1967, Central Queensland University (CQU) has expanded to become one of Australia’s most flexible universities and offers the CQUniversity MBA. With campuses all over the country, CQU also offers distance learning as a popular option for many students.CQUniversity has many campuses; each with its own lively character, range of specialised courses and services.
With a goal of becoming Australia’s most engaged university, it now has 10 schools – each headed by specialist Deans who are encouraged to record their engagement experiences.
The MBA offered aims to arm graduates with contemporary knowledge about management and business, delivered in dynamic and engaging environments. Because it is offered both on-campus and through distance education, it is ideal for students who need to balance work, study and home life.
The program has been designed by industry professionals, who regularly review it to ensure it meets current industry standards. Students learn through researching real case studies, class discussions and participating in online forums.
CQ University MBA Program Structure
The program can be completed in two years full-time, or four on a part-time basis. There are 14 subjects to complete – totalling 84 credit points. Four of these are core subjects and ten are foundation knowledge subjects. There are nine elective courses from which a student must choose two. The four foundation subjects are:
- Statistics for Managerial Decisions
- Effective Business Communications
- Critical Thinking and Managerial Decision-Making
- Business Ethics and Sustainability
Followed by ten of the following core subjects:
- People and Organisations
- Economics for Managers
- Managerial Finance
- Accounting for Management Decision Making
- Advanced Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Organisational Change Management
- Organisational Governance and Leadership
- Research in Business
- Strategic Business Management
The core subjects cover how to lead and manage change; strategy and development initiatives; leadership and governance; and innovation and business development.
Recommended Elective subjects:
- Innovation and Sustainable Business Development
- International Financial Management
- Advanced Managerial Finance
- International Human Resource Management
- Project Management Concepts
- Global Business Marketing
- Australian Commercial Law
- Professional Placement
- Professional Project
The program is structured over three terms – starting in February, June and October. For domestic students, the program is available at the Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Rockhampton campuses, or it can be taken via distance education. International students must study full-time on-campus if they are on a study visa.
Entry to this program this program is flexible. Applicants must have any of the following:
- Bachelor degree in any discipline from an Australian university or college, together with at least three years of work experience in a management capacity, or equivalent
- An honours degree in business, management, commerce or economics from an Australian university plus three years full time work experience, or equivalent
- Six years relevant management/industry experience and engagement in professional development
- A CQU Graduate Diploma of Management or equivalent.
CQ University MBA Fees*
For metropolitan campuses, fees are $2,400 per subject, totalling $40,320. They are available at the Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Sydney campuses.
International students can study through distance education or at the Brisbane, Melbourne, Rockhampton and Sydney campuses. The total cost will be $52,320.
*Information from fees is sourced from publicly available information in December 2016 and may not be reflective of actual costs. Current costs per subject/unit/course may change in the future, altering the overall cost of the degree. Consult course providers for fee confirmation.