MBA students are increasingly interested in the fast-track careers offered by the MBA Development Programs available through the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
MBA Development Programs are fast-track programs within companies to develop and groom high-potential MBAs for future leadership roles. The world’s largest companies use these programs to identify and develop their future leaders.
MBA-Exchange has just released a report tracking nearly 500 development programs based on searches of their database. In the 12 months to mid-April 2016 MBA students undertook nearly 200,000 searches of MBA Development Programs on MBA Exchange, an 80% increase from the previous year.
The most popular programs searched by Australian MBA students were:
- BP Futures Leaders Programme
- Medtronic Leadership Development Rotation Program
- Johnson and Johnson International Recruitment Development Program
- gsk Espirit Commercial Programme
- Bain & Co Summer Associate
The world’s top five most popular MBA Development programs,as measured by views by MBA students on www.mba-exchange.com, are offered by MARS, BP, Siemens, Medtronics and Amazon.com. The most popular global intern programs are offered by IBM, Coca-Cola and Johnson & Johnson.
MBA Development programs vary greatly from one program to the next as each company tailors its programs to its specific needs: Structure, duration, experiential experiences, function focus, rotations, mentorship and coaching, on-the-job and formal training, etc.
However, what all of them have in common is the objective to shape and grow the future top leaders of these organizations, and therefore, the rigorous selection criteria to attract and recruit the right candidates.
MBA Exchange recommends students applying for MBA Development Programs remember a few key points.
“Remember that MBA Development Programs aim to make outstanding leaders out of the people who are leaders already,” the report said.
They advise you to:
- Provide solid evidence of leadership qualities
- Avoid a technical CV
- Showcase initiative, leadership, drive, people skills,resourcefulness, humility, emotional intelligence, etc.
- Research the programs and identify the right ones for you
- Demonstrate a perfect fit with your target program (hard skills, soft skills, as well as personality)