A team from the University of Queensland will join teams from six other countries in the final of the $125,00 2019 Global Business Challenge (GBC) in Brisbane in September.
The 2019 finalists include:
- Earth, Inc. – The University of Queensland (Australia)
- Finevestment – Otto von Geuricke University Magdeburg (Germany)
- Incredibles – Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (India)
- Mujeres WOW – IDE Business School and Universidad Casa Grande (Ecuador)
- MyWealthTree – Laurier University (Canada)
- Quokka Cola – Peking University (China)
- Safe-TM – University of Arizona (United States of America)
The objective of the GBC is to leverage the exceptional intellectual talent from the worlds’ top business schools and universities to solve a major global problem. The challenge for 2019 is to ‘develop solutions to improve trust and customer value in the delivery of financial sector services’.
The competition is designed to challenge students to formulate business solutions for globally relevant and contemporary ‘wicked’ problems with global significance. Importantly, the GBC is designed to foster cross-border and cross-discipline collaborations to create solutions that capture emerging transformative business opportunities for industries, regions and countries.
Students enrolled in any business or technical discipline based postgraduate program are eligible (either currently enrolled or enrolled in 2018), such as MBA, Masters Degrees or other relevant post-graduate degree programs.