Delivered by the internationally respected Victoria Graduate School of Business (VGSB), the Victoria University MBA has been designed to help graduates elevate their career and support them in achieving their professional goals, in any industry.
CEO Magazine‘s 2017 Global Rankings awarded the Victoria University MBA a Tier One rating by for its excellent lecturers, small class sizes, student diversity, value-for-money and international study options.
A rich and relevant curriculum is delivered on-campus in the world-class CBD facilities or 100% online by highly qualified academics and facilitators, many of whom come from corporate and industry backgrounds.
From Art and Practice of Leadership to Managing Innovation and Entrepreneurship, students will develop the strategic, analytical and financial skills demanded of today’s business leaders. You’ll also network with a community of like-minded peers via an interactive and immersive online learning environment. The Victoria University MBA is also offered via unique block teaching method.
About Victoria University
One of the fastest growing universities in Australia, Victoria University (VU) is now home to almost 50,000 domestic students and about 12,000 international stduents.
In the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019 (and previously in 2017 and 2018), VU was ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide.
The ranking is a list of the best universities globally and is the only international performance ranking to evaluate universities across their core missions of teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
VU also ranked 53rd in the world’s top universities aged under 50 in the Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2018 (and 56th in 2017)
The Victoria University MBA does not assume any previous studies in business or management and covers a broad range of disciplines focused on business management, including:
- ethics and sustainability
- leadership and strategy
- team management
- enterprise resource planning systems
- accounting and finance
- human resource management and industrial relations
- information systems
- logistics and supply chain management
- sport business
- innovation, knowledge and change management.
To attain the Master of Business Administration (MBA), students will be required to complete 144 credit points consisting of:
- 108 credit points core units
- 36 credit points research units (Option 1, 2 or 3)
OPTION 1 – Coursework
- 12 credit points capstone unit; and,
- 24 credit points elective units. Students to select from any postgraduate units from across the University (subject to availability). Please check any pre-requisite requirements prior to enrolling.
OPTION 2 – Thesis
- 12 credit points research proposal unit; and,
- 24 credit points minor thesis unit
OPTION 3 – VU Online (available only to VU Online Students)
- 12 credit points capstone unit; and,
- 24 credit points BMO7000 and BMO6625
The highly flexible degree is offered at Victoria University’s Melbourne CBD campus or 100% online.
The on-campus MBA at the City Flinders campus provides students with access to a range of specialist facilities including business incubators (high-tech meeting rooms replicating a business centre) and industry-standard computer labs, the Flinders campus offers a modern, spacious and comfortable learning environment. Students also have access to professional online business databases and a specialist business librarian.
VU’s world-class MBA is now also offered 100% online, removing barriers to time and place.
Victoria University Online makes it easy to fit study around commitments such as work and family. The learning platform gives students simple access to all of course requirements, at all times. Everything students need to succeed in your studies – including collaborating and learning with peers, meeting with VU facilitators, coursework and assessment – happens online.
VU Online is committed to excellent postgraduate-course delivery. At the centre of this is our responsive learning platform, where you can interact with a vibrant community of peers on discussion boards and chat, and receive regular advice and feedback from VU academics and unit facilitators.
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a similar discipline; or
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Certificate (or equivalent) in a similar discipline; or
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline and 5 years of managerial experience; or
- Applicants without an undergraduate qualification may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate (in the same discipline) based on approved work experience. Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate, graduates will be eligible for admission to this course with credit granted for completed units.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course.
Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.
Victoria University MBA Fees*
The VU Online MBA can be completed in two years with 12, seven-week units to be completed. Each unit costs $3,350, taking the full course fee to $40,200. FEE_HELP is available.
The on-campus MBA is charged on a per unit basis with students required to complete 12 units (nine core and three elective) at $3,350/unit for a total of $40,200.
All information is indicative only. Contact Victoria University for specific and current information about course structure, requirements, fees and admission details.
- Web: www.vu.edu.au
- Free-call in Australia 1300 842 864
- International students: (+61 3) 9919 1164
*Information from fees is sourced from publicly available information in December 2018 and may not be reflective of actual costs. Current costs per subject/unit/course may change in the future, altering the overall cost of the degree. Consult course providers for fee confirmation.