|Business School/Provider||School of Psychological Sciences and Public Health/Latrobe Business School|
|Duration||2.5 years Full-time
5 years Part-time
|Course Code/CRICOS||HZMBHA City Campus/HZMBHO online
077914K (for HZMBHA only)
|Commencements||March and July|
|2019 Fees||$88,000 Domestic
La Trobe University Master of Business/Health Administration (MBA) Course Overview
This double-degree program is delivered jointly by the School of Psychological Sciences and Public Health and the La Trobe Business School. The program is designed for professionals in health services settings who are seeking to expand their career pathways into senior management roles in public and private sector organisations. The program also provides managers working in non-health care settings with a pathway into the health sector.
La Trobe University Master of Business/Health Administration (MBA) Course Structure
Students will enrol in two and a quarter semesters of full-time study for the Master of Health Administration and two and a quarter semesters of full-time study for the Master of Business Administration, making a total of two and a half years full-time study. Part-time study is available for domestic students.
Students will be required to complete seven subjects (135 credit points) from the existing Master of Health Administration program and nine subjects (135 credit points) from the Master of Business Administration program. The course structure lists the core and elective subjects. This structure ensures that essential areas are covered, whilst allowing some flexibility for students to pursue personal and professional interests.
Classes are held at the Collins Street (City Campus) and are available online for domestic students.
What La Trobe Says
Students are expected to demonstrate they know and can do by the end of the course:
- Critically appraise , synthesise and apply management theories and strategies to the public and private healthcare sectors
- Apply interdisciplinary approaches to identifying problems, developing innovative solutions and evaluating their implementation
- Apply critical appraisal skills, specialist health management knowledge and project management skills to managerial and leadership practice and organisational change
- Synthesise available information to devise and evaluate evidence-based strategies that demonstrate awareness of international business activities and customs to enhance population health and maximise organisational potential
- Analyse the performance of health care systems and organisations using appropriate data, skilled analyses and critical thinking.
- Apply ethical evidence-based leadership skills to individuals and teams across diverse organisational environments by building positive team objectives and practice
- Effectively communicate ideas and information to relevant audiences showing responsive adaption to the needs of different contexts and stakeholder groups.
The Master of Business Administration has EPAS (EFMD Programme Accreditation System) accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
The Master of Health Administration is accredited by the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM).
- Academic level – Australian Bachelor’s four year degree (or equivalent)
- Work experience (Compulsory) – Minimum of three years management experience.
Note: Meeting minimum prerequisites does not guarantee an offer of a place. Entry into all La Trobe courses is based on competitive selection and there may be limited places available.
Requirements for selection and application
- Academic record (Compulsory) – The University will access your official transcript upon application.
- Personal Statement (Compulsory) – All applicants must complete and submit a Personal Statement.
Special consideration – Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS)
You can apply for special consideration as part of your course application if you have experienced educational disadvantage or if circumstances have had a negative impact on your previous studies. To qualify for special consideration you must satisfy the eligibility requirements. Submit your application for special consideration with relevant supporting documents at the time of your course application.