|Business School/Provider||Murdoch School of Business and Governance, Murdoch University|
|Duration||1.5 years Full-time
3 years Part-time
|Delivery Mode||Delivered on-campus at Murdoch University Perth campus, or externally|
|Commencements||Semester 1 and 2|
|2019 Fees||$36,360 Domestic
Murdoch University MBA Course Overview
The Murdoch University MBA is oriented to the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s business leaders. The course develops specialist knowledge and skills in creating and managing global businesses, leadership, strategy, accounting, organisational behaviour, economics and finance, marketing, entrepreneurship and innovation.
The MBA can be completed within a year of full-time study in a compressed format, or can be taken over a longer period of time if preferred. There are several intake periods each year.
Murdoch University MBA Course Structure
Murdoch University MBA must earn a total of 36 credit points.
Core Units – 30 credit points
- MBS661 Global Business in the Asian Century – 6 points
- MBS6611 Global Business – 6 points
- MBS662 Business, Society and the Environment – 6 points
- MBS663 Leading the Engaged Enterprise – 6 points
- MBS664 Strategies for Growth and Excellence – 6 points
- MBS546 Business Finance – 3 points
- MBS539 Accounting for Managers – 3 points
Specified Electives – 6 credit points
Select from the following:
- MBS538 Organisational Behaviour and Management – 3 points
- MBS673 Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management – 3 points
- MBS537 Strategic Marketing Management – 3 points
- MBS574 Strategic Research in International Markets – 3 points
- MBS684 Managing Strategic Risk and Projects – 6 points
- MBS686 Economics and Business Strategy – 3 points
- MBS651 Leading and Managing Nonprofit Organisations – 3 points
- MBS589 Social Enterprise, Social Innovation And Profit For Purpose – 3 points
- MBS521 Academic Business Skills for Postgraduates – 3 points
- TLC501 Communication Skills for Postgraduate Study – 3 points
What Murdoch University Says
If you’re aiming to work in a senior management role, an MBA will help you gain the professional and personal skills you need to succeed. You’ll have the opportunity to complete an applied research project to create practical solutions for contemporary workplaces.
Murdoch University MBA students will work closely with our academic team, and choose electives from the areas of Business Management, Economics, and Health Management to create a specialist qualification to suit your goals.
All applicants of the Murdoch University MBA are required to hold a recognised Bachelor’s degree or higher and evidence of 2 years of work experience, or satisfactory preparation for the course through previous study or professional experience.
Equivalent of an Academic IELTS overall score of 6.0 with no band less than 6.0.