|Business School/Provider||University of Newcastle Business School, University of Newcastle|
|Duration||1.5 years Full-time
5 years Part-time
|Delivery Mode||Delivered on-campus at Newcastle City campus, University of Newcastle Business School|
|2019 Fees||$23,155 Domestic
University of Newcastle MBA Course Overview
The University of Newcastle MBA is designed to provide students with a range of analytic, strategic and leadership skills which will prepare them for increasingly competitive careers in business management in the corporate and public sectors. The program offers a grounding in fundamental business areas such as accounting, organisational behaviour, marketing and management. Analytic and problem solving skills are emphasised through an applied understanding of the theoretical framework within which today’s managers must operate, as well as the acquisition of practical skills in teamwork, writing, presentation and time-management. The ability to cope with rapid organisational and technological change is developed through and understanding of organisational behaviour, information systems and organisational change and development.
It reflects the latest in contemporary management practice, providing six fundamental courses covering the foundations of modern business; money, markets and people. More advanced core courses in leadership, strategic management and corporate governance provide pivotal insights into the dynamics of modern organisations.
University of Newcastle MBA Course Structure
The University of Newcastle MBA program consists of twelve courses (120 units). Students are required to complete the following to meet the requirements of the program:
- Six core courses (60 units)
- Either six courses from the directed courses (60 units), or
- At least four courses (40 units) from a specialisation, plus two courses (20 units) of directed courses.
What University of Newcastle Says
Outstanding business leadership meets you when you graduate with the University of Newcastle MBA. With brand new on-campus facilities, or an all-inclusive online program guided by business leaders and academics, the MBA is designed to challenge you and build your capacity for business excellence. The MBA attunes you to a higher understanding of business management decision making, marketing, organisational behaviour, accounting and finance processes, strategic management and the international business arena.
The University of Newcastles Business School has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
There are two pathways into the University of Newcastle MBA.
Direct entry into the Masters Program (120 units) will be available to applicants who have:
- – 4 year Bachelors (Honours) Degree, or
- – 3 year Bachelors Degree in a related field such as accounting, business, commerce, economics, finance, human resource management, industrial relations, management, marketing, or
- – 3 year Bachelors Degree not in a related field + 1 year relevant organisational experience, or
- – At least 7 years relevant organisational experience, including 2 years in a management position.
Students seeking RPL must apply to the Program Convenor for recognition of relevant RPL. RPL applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The alternate pathway is through the Graduate Certificate (40 units), available for applicants who have:
- – 3 year Bachelors Degree not in a related field; or
- – 3 year Diploma in a related field such as accounting, business, commerce, economics, finance, human resource management, industrial relations, management, marketing, or
- – 3 year Diploma not in a related field + 1 year relevant organisational experience, or
- – 2 year Diploma in a related field such as accounting, business, commerce, economics, finance, human resource management, industrial relations, management, marketing, + 2 years relevant organisational experience, or
- – 2 year Diploma not in a related field + 3 years relevant organisational experience, or
- – At least 5 years relevant organisational experience.