|Business School/Provider||University of Tasmania (UTAS)|
|Duration||2 years full-time or up to 5 years part time|
|Delivery Mode||On-campus (Hobart)|
|Commencements||February and July|
|2021 Fees||Domestic student fees not available
University of Tasmania MBA (International) Course Overview
The University of Tasmania MBA (International) is a 16-unit course, which you can be completed in two years of full time study or up to five years part-time. It is offered by the Tasmanian School of Business and Economics and is available at the University’s Hobart campus or by distance learning.
This MBA is suitable for people either coming straight from an undergraduate degree or those who have some experience in the workforce.
Students can also extend your learning by participating in an international study tour where you’ll visit multinational corporations, universities, and government departments to see first-hand the complexities of international business operations. Study tour destinations change each year, previous locations include San Francisco and Vietnam.
2019 Scholarships and Bursaries
The University of Tasmania MBA has two different scholarships and bursaries
Postgraduate Merit Scholarship (25% fee discount) – This scholarship offers a 25% reduction in tuition fees to students who achieved a B+/75% grade overall in their studies and enrol in a postgraduate coursework program offered by the Tasmanian School of Business and Economics.
Relocation bursary in business and economics – Always dreamed of moving to Tasmania to study? This bursary provides $3,000 for domestic students who move to Tasmania and start studying any undergraduate or postgraduate course offered by the Tasmanian School of Business and Economics.
University of Tasmania MBA (International) Course Structure
University of Tasmania MBA students must complete the following 12 core units plus four specialisation units. Specialisations are available in Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing and Business Research.
For entry into the MBA (International), students must meet the following criteria:
- Completed undergraduate degree of an Australian higher education institution or the equivalent standard in any other institution, or,
- Completion of the Graduate Certificate of Business Studies at the University of Tasmania, or an equivalent qualifying Graduate Certificate#, or,
- Completion of an AQF Level 6 qualification and a minimum of three (3) years senior managerial experience.
International students must provide one of the following:
- UTASAccess Level 7 with a minimum overall score of 65% and no individual skill below 60%; or,
- IELTS score with an overall Band of 6.5 and no band less than 6; or,
- TOEFL (iBT) overall score of 88 (no individual skill must be lower than: Reading 16; Listening 16; Speaking 18; and, Writing 22) or,
- PTE Academic overall score of 58 with no score lower than 50, or,
- Provide evidence that you have studied for 2 years full-time with English as the sole medium of instruction and examination. These tests must not be more than 24 months old.
For information on general scholarships available at the University of Tasmania, please visit the scholarships website.