|Business School/Provider||Victoria Graduate School of Business, Victoria University|
|Duration||2 years Full-time
4 years Part-time
|Delivery Mode||Delivered on-campus at City Flinders Campus|
|2021 Fees||Not available Domestic
Victoria University Professional MBA Course Overview
The Victoria University Professional MBA gives students the specialist knowledge and skills that will prepare them for senior management positions in a variety of fields.
Students will develop an understanding of the overall management of an organisational unit, including its marketing, finance and people. Students will also gain hands-on experience, with assessments designed to solve real business problems through simulation or working with an industry or community partner.
This course presents a strong foundation in conceptual knowledge incorporating recent developments in sustainability and global trends in business. Stay up-to-date with current industry practices while developing expertise in:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Creativity, and
The Victoria University MBA helps to develop an understanding of the overall management of an organisational unit, including its marketing, finance and people. You’ll gain hands-on experience, with assessments designed to solve real business problems through simulation or working with an industry or community partner.
Victoria University MBA students come from a range of professional backgrounds and gain employment in dynamic management and consulting roles in Australia and overseas within the finance, information technology, marketing, engineering, construction, tourism and sporting industries. Past graduates have gone on to work for organisations such as the United Nations, started their own business or gained a solid business education to complement their existing experience.
Victoria University Professional MBA Course Structure
To attain the Victoria University MBA, students will be required to complete 192 credit points consisting of:
- 48 credit points college core units
- 24 credit points business core units
- 84 credit points professional core units
- 36 credit points research units
Research Option 1
- 12 credit points business research project; and,
- 24 credit points elective units.
Research Option 2
- 12 credit points business research proposal; and,
- 24 credit points business research thesis.
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, or,
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline, or,
- Applicants without an undergraduate qualification may be admitted to the Graduate Diploma based on approved work experience. Upon completion of the Graduate Diploma, graduates will be eligible for admission to this course with credit granted for completed units.