The School’s Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM) was the first Australian business school to receive AACSB accreditation in 2002. The new accreditation covers the entire ASB.
Founded in 1916, AACSB International is the longest serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, masters, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting.
Professor Geoffrey Garrett, Dean of the Australian School of Business, said the accreditation confirmed the strength of programs at the school.
“We are so pleased to have been given AACSB accreditation, a gold standard in global business education. The review process has also identified important opportunities for us to realise our ambition to be a premier business school in and for the dynamic Asia Pacific region”.
AACSB Accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education, and has been earned by less than five percent of the world’s business programs. Today, there are 681 business schools in 45 countries and territories that maintain AACSB Accreditation. Similarly, 179 institutions maintain an additional specialised AACSB Accreditation for their accounting programs.
The Australian School of Business is now accredited by the world’s two leading business school accreditation organisations. Its AACSB accreditation today follows successful EQUIS accreditation in 2010 by The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
The following Australian business schools are also accredited by AACSB.
- Macquarie Graduate School of Management (New South Wales)
- The University of Sydney – The University of Sydney Business School
- University of Technology, Sydney (New South Wales) – UTS Business School
- Griffith University (Queensland)
- Queensland University of Technology (Queensland)
- The University of Queensland (Queensland) – UQ Business School
- The University of Adelaide (South Australia)
- Melbourne Business School (Victoria) – The University of Melbourne
- University of Melbourne (Victoria) – Faculty of Business and Economics
- University of Western Australia (Western Australia) – UWA Business School