|Business School/Provider||Peter Faber Business School, Australian Catholic University University|
|Duration||1-2 years full-time depending on credit granted for prior learning, or equivalent part-time|
|CRICOS Code||/ 084682G|
|Delivery Mode||On-campus in Melbourne and North Sydney|
|Commencements||February and August|
|2019 Fees||$51,616 Domestic
|Options||ACU also offers an Executive MBA.|
ACU MBA Course Overview
The Australian Catholic University (ACU) Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a generalist management degree which provides students with the skills and knowledge required to enter a career in management.
With four electives available, students can choose to specialise in a management discipline of choice or undertake an employment skills general management focus. By undertaking the MBA you will be able to advance your career through a postgraduate award that leads to enhanced professional recognition and marketability.
As a graduate of the MBA you will have a sound understanding of business ethics, decision making and communication as well as specific knowledge in your chosen area of specialisation. This combination of skills, knowledge and expertise will equip you to gain employment as a well-rounded management professional.
MBA students who have completed the requirements prescribed for the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration or the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration may exit from the course with the relevant award by arrangement with the Course Coordinator.
ACU MBA Program Structure
To qualify for the degree, a student must complete 160 cp from the Schedule of Unit Offerings, consisting of:
- 40 cp Business Foundation Units
- 80 cp Business Specified Units
- 40 cp from Business / ACU Postgraduate Units
An applicant who has completed the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration or Graduate Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent may be granted advanced standing.
Business Foundation units
- ACCT600* – Accounting for Decision Making – 10 Points, or
- BUSN602* – Money Management (Inc: ACCT600 Accounting for Decision Making) – 10 Points
- BUSN609 – Business Communication: 21st Century Literacies – 10 Points
- MGMT603 – Market Environments and Opportunity Analysis – 10 Points
- MGMT641 – Organisational Dynamics and Behaviour – 10 Points
* Note: students studying the Accounting Stream are to study ACCT600 instead of BUSN602.
Business Specified Units
- BAFN602 – Corporate Finance – 10 Points
- BUSN603 – Corporate Governance and Risk Management – 10 Points
- BUSN607 – Entrepreneurship – 10 Points
- MGMT605 – Strategic Management for Sustainability – 10 Points
- MGMT617 – Research Methods – 10 Points
- MGMT638 – Ethical Leadership – 10 Points
- MKTG600 – Managerial Marketing – 10 Points
- STAT600 – Data Analysis and Interpretation – 10 Points
- MGMT621 – Management of Change – 10 Points
- MGMT656 – Global Experience (Pre: MGMT641 Organisational Dynamics and Behaviour; ACCT600 Accounting for Decision Making or BUSN602 Money Management) – 10 Points
- MGMT657 – Business Consulting Project (Pre: MGMT605 Strategic Management for Sustainability, MGMT617 Research Methods) – 10 Points
- MGMT658 – Changing World of Work (Pre: MGMT641 Organisational Dynamics and Behaviour) – 10 Points
Accounting: any four of the following units
- ACCT601 – Auditing and Assurance (Pre: ACCT600 Accounting for Decision Making) – 10 Points
- ACCT602 – Financial Accounting and Reporting (Pre: ACCT600 Accounting for Decision Making) – 10 Points
- ACCT603 – Accounting for Corporate Structures (Pre: ACCT600 Accounting for Decision Making) – 10 Points
- ACCT604 – Managerial Accounting (Pre: ACCT600 Accounting for Decision Making) – 10 Points
- ACCT605 – Mastering Accounting Information Systems (Pre: ACCT600 Accounting for Decision Making) – 10 Points
Finance (North Sydney only)
- BAFN607 – Financial Modelling and Risk Analysis (Pre: BAFN600 Finance and Quantitative Methods; or BAFN602 Corporate Finance AND STAT600 Data Analysis and Interpretation) – 10 Points
- BAFN608 – Financial Planning – 10 Points
- BAFN609 – Risk Management and Insurance – 10 Points
- BAFN610 – Responsible Investment Management – 10 Points
Information Technology (North Sydney only)
- ISYS615 – Information Technology Infrastructure – 10 Points
- ISYS616 – Systems Analysis and Design – 10 Points
- ISYS617 – Data and Information Management – 10 Points
- ISYS618 – Application Development – 10 Points
Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management (online only)
- OHSE601 – Principles of OHSE Management – 10 Points
- OHSE602 – OHSE Management Systems – 10 Points
- OHSE603 – Physical Hazards in Occupational Environments – 10 Points
- OHSE612 – Occupational Health and Wellbeing – 10 Points
Other postgraduate Business/ACU units could be undertaken as electives with prior approval of the MBA Director.
The ACU MBA is recognised in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
To be eligible for admission to the ACU MBA course, an applicant must have completed the following prerequisites:
- Equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree in any discipline (the equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree in a related discipline will be eligible for up to four units credit); or
- Graduate Certificate in a related discipline. International applicants need to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements as defined in the Admissions Rules.
International applicants must have an overall academic IELTS of 6.5 (with an individual score of 6.0 for all tests) as well as an equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree in any discipline (the equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree in a related discipline will be eligible for up to four units credit); or a Graduate Certificate in a related discipline.