|Business School/Provider||Peter Faber Business School, Australian Catholic University University|
|Duration||2 years part-time|
|CRICOS Code||/ 084682G|
|Delivery Mode||Intensive seminars will take place in a professional face-to-face learning environment at one of four campus locations: Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne or North Sydney.|
|Commencements||Multiple dates throughout the year|
|2020 Fees||$42,000 Domestic|
|Options||ACU also offers a standard MBA and online MBA via Open Universities Australia.|
ACU Executive MBA Course Overview
The ACU EMBA is robust by design. The course aims to challenge students, engage them in lively debate, and provide skills that enable them to think critically, differently and outside of the standard, to tackle the big questions, and create bigger results with true mutual value and benefit. Core program themes include
- Customers and stakeholders – A holistic, value-driven and customer-centric approach.
- People, culture and governance – Critical for building trust and underpinning competitive advantage in an era of commoditisation.
- Complex systems and digital technologies – Wicked problems and emergent technologies represent significant challenges, but also great opportunities.
- Finance – The laws of economic gravity apply even to disruptive business models.
The ACU EMBA is a rigorous, practical program grounded in best practice and backed by research. The program brings you advanced adult learning methods, designed by our internationally renowned faculty who will mentor and partner with you through a collaborative learning process.
With a focus on applied learning, the intensive seminar-style approach inspires group discussion and knowledge sharing among participants who undertake work-based projects to ensure learning is integrated into the workplace.
ACU MBA Program Structure
The EMBA comprises 12 units of study. Each unit will be delivered over two weekends in seminar-style intensives – one includes a Friday evening. Students enjoy a focused and collegial environment with a supportive and highly collaborative team.
You can start your study at multiple entry points throughout the year and complete your EMBA in as little as two years, depending on the units you choose. Some units may require pre-requisite study.
- Eight essential units
The must-haves of your business learning.
- Four elective units
Choose subjects most relevant to you from a selected schedule of units.
You can choose to study your EMBA with a generalist focus or emphasise expertise in a specific area by completing a four-unit graduate certificate level qualification first. Successful completion of the graduate certificate is a pathway straight into the EMBA.
Use your graduate certificate qualification to generate up to four credits and progress with the rest of your EMBA by completing another eight units. If you choose the generalist focus or the pathway option, you must still complete 12 units of study in total to qualify for your EMBA.
The ACU MBA is recognised in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
To be eligible for admission to the ACU MBA course, an applicant must have completed the following prerequisites:
- Equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree in any discipline (the equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree in a related discipline will be eligible for up to four units credit);
- Graduate Certificate in a related discipline. International applicants need to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements as defined in the Admissions Rules.
International applicants must have an overall academic IELTS of 6.5 (with an individual score of 6.0 for all tests) as well as an equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree in any discipline (the equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree in a related discipline will be eligible for up to four units credit); or a Graduate Certificate in a related discipline.