|Business School/Provider||College of Business, Government & Law – Flinders University|
|Duration||1.5 years Full-time
3 years Part-time
|Delivery Mode||Delivered on-campus at Bedford Park, SA and online|
|Commencements||March and July|
|2019 Fees||$43,278 Domestic|
Flinders University MBA Course Overview
The course is designed to provide a strong foundation of business knowledge, skills and attitudes to support ethical, global business management of organisations including private sector business organisations, not-for-profit organisations and public organisations. Through experiential learning techniques, students will develop knowledge and skills to conduct independent research, carry out industry and discipline related projects, and relate their learning to their individual business experience.
Flinders University MBA Course Structure
The Master of Business Administration is a 54-unit program which is part of the Graduate Program in Business Administration offered by the College of Business, Government and Law. It articulates with the 18-unit Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and the 36-unit Graduate Diploma in Business Administration. The sequentially developed topics allow progression through the three awards.
Students can choose to study topics online, face to face or mixed mode.
What Flinders University Says
Students may tailor their own program in the Master of Business Administration to meet their own needs or elect to complete a specialised program of study. This degree offers the business acumen required by graduates of all disciplines, and specialised knowledge to enhance career opportunities in specific fields, particularly for those entering such organisations or progressing their profession in management or consulting positions.
Graduates will be able to:
- Explain the role of and apply economics, accounting, financial management, human resource management and marketing knowledge and skills in decision making and management of organisations.
- Recognise the potential impact of local and global economic conditions and events, with emphasis on the Asia Pacific region, on the operations and strategic management of organisations.
- Apply sound financial management techniques and analytical skills to the operations and strategic management of their organisations.
- Apply contemporary strategic management practices compatible with organisational sustainability, ethical behaviour and effective workforce relations.
- Describe a range of research methods useful in the conduct of industry and organisation based projects, and discuss their benefits and limitations.
- Work both individually and in groups to conduct business research and critically evaluate the findings to solve business-related problems.
- Present theoretical concepts and complex ideas in both written and verbal formats appropriate for a range of stakeholder audiences.
- Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- Hold a bachelor degree or equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary institution, with at least 3 years post-degree work experience, and take part in an interview;
- Have completed the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration at Flinders University (having met the current entry requirements of that qualification).
The Dean (Education) may, under certain circumstances and subject to specific conditions, admit others who can show evidence of fitness for candidature.