|Business School/Provider||UTS Business School, University of Technology Sydney|
|Duration||2 years Part-time|
|Delivery Mode||Delivered on-campus at UTS Ultimo|
|2019 Fees||$18,445 Domestic|
UTS EMBA Course Overview
The UTS EMBA is designed as a general management qualification for ambitious individuals with considerable work experience who are looking to further develop their business and strategic leadership skills. The overarching goal of the course is to produce graduates who can operate a business function, unit or organisation by building students’ capabilities in technical, professional and interpersonal skills.
The curriculum is strongly experientially oriented and provides students with decision-making experiences that emulate the real world of business. The course is structured in such a way that students can choose to progress through the degree in a group. The cohort model is designed to foster a sense of union, facilitate networking and encourage cooperative relationships with a focus on leadership and group dynamics.
UTS EMBA Course Structure
The course comprises 96 credit points, made up of 10 8-credit-point core subjects and a 16-credit-point capstone subject.
- 21921 Integrative Strategy and Leadership – 8 points
- 25841 Analytical Techniques for Decision Making – 8 points
- 21875 Managing People for High Performance – 8 points
- 23845 Managerial Economics – 8 points
- 24800 Strategic Marketing – 8 points
- 21938 Strategy and Value Drivers – 8 points
- 22814 Accounting for Value – 8 points
- 25846 Applied Corporate Finance – 8 points
- 21874 Corporate Governance and the Sustainable Enterprise – 8 points
Select 8 credit points from the following:
- 26800 Global Business Practice – 8 points
- 21869 Innovation by Design – 8 points
- 21898 Integrated Business Consulting – 16 points
What UTS Says
The curriculum is strongly experientially oriented and provides students with decision-making experiences that emulate the real world of business.
The University of Technology Sydney and UTS Business School holds AACSB Accreditation.
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies. Applicants also require five years’ relevant work experience at managerial or above level, or a UTS Graduate Certificate in Executive Business Administration (C11208), with a credit average.
All applicants are required to attend an interview with the director of the EMBA and undertake an assessment on quantitative skills. Applicants may be required to complete relevant bridging courses as advised by the director.
The English proficiency requirement for local applicants with international qualifications is:
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or
- AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.