|University/Provider||QUT Business School, Queensland University of Technology|
|Course Name||Master of Business Administration|
|Deliver Mode||On-campus (Gardens Point, Brisbane)|
|Course Code||GS75 (CRICOS: 045502F)|
|Duration||1.5 years full-time, 3 years part-time (n|
|2020 Fees||$62,400 Domestic|
QUT MBA Course Overview
The triple-accredited QUT MBA is offered at QUT’s Gardens Point campus in the Brisbane CBD. The 1.5 year full-time course will teach you to challenge conventions and go beyond established pathways, and equip you to lead and manage decisively in a complex business world. As a QUT MBA student you will critically analyse business situations and develop innovative solutions to real-world cases.
The MBA program is made up four components that build on each other to provide you with an integrated and multi-disciplinary curriculum to equip you to take on the challenges and opportunities of a complex business environment. Each MBA unit of 6 credit points is delivered in a seven-week module (six weeks teaching with final assessment in week seven).
1. Building Foundations
- Strategic Management
- Communicating to Influence
- Economics in Business
- Problem Framing for Creative Action
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Marketing Strategically
- Personal Leadership and Change
- Data Analysis and Decision Making
2. Multi-Disciplinary Decision Making
- Understanding and Leading Others
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Contemporary Human Resources Management Issues
- Managing Technological Innovation
- Understanding Leadership and Complexity
- Corporate Governance and Accountability
Students can then add greater depth in an area of interest by choosing a concentration in Leadership and Strategy or a specific discipline pathway from within the QUT Business School’s postgraduate offerings or from other schools and faculties at QUT.
Leadership and Strategy
- Systems Thinking for Managers
- Investment Strategies for Technology
- Negotiation Skills and Strategies
- Stakeholder Engagement and Media Principles
- Improving Business Operations
- Advanced Strategy for Global Business
If you complete the Leadership and Strategy concentration the title will appear on your academic transcript.
Students may choose 36 credit points of MBA units and/or 36 credit points from a specific area of interest in a discipline. Discipline areas could include Accounting, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Finance or Healthcare.
4. Integrated Workplace Project
The final component of the MBA program is made up of one capstone unit – Integrated Workplace Project – which provides you with the opportunity to apply what you have learned in the program to real opportunities in a new venture or within an organisation.
To gain entry into the QUT MBA you must have:
- A completed recognised bachelor degree in any discipline with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4.5 (on QUT’s 7-point scale);
- A GMAT score of at least 550; and
- A minimum three years full-time equivalent relevant managerial or professional work experience post-degree; and
- Submit two completed referee report forms
You may be required to be available for an interview with the MBA Director to demonstrate relevant work experience.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- International (AACSB) European Foundation for Management Development (EQUIS)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA).