The University of Queensland Master of Business Administration (MBA) will broaden your critical thinking, creativity and agility to respond to an ever-changing business landscape, to pivot, rise to the unexpected and lead business decisions.
|Business School/Provider||University of Queensland Business School, University of Queensland, Brisbane|
|Duration||1 year Full-time
|Delivery Mode||Enjoy the best of both worlds with our hybrid learning mode. Join us in person at our convenient 293 Queen Street location in the Brisbane CBD, study online via live lectures and classes, or do a bit of both – whatever works best with your schedule.|
Semester 1 (17 Jan, 2022)
Semester 2 (11 Jul, 2022)Part-time cohort:
Semester 1 (21 Feb, 2022)
Semester 2 (15 Jul, 2022)
|2022 Fees||$76,560 Domestic
|Early Exit||Depending on your choice of courses, it might be possible to withdraw from the Master of Business Administration at an early exit point and graduate with a Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate.|
The University of Queensland MBA Course Overview
The University of Queensland (UQ) Master of Business Administration (MBA) will equip you with the skills and confidence to lead change, innovate during challenging times and tap into a globally connected network. You’ll acquire the critical thinking skills, creativity and leadership agility needed to navigate an ever-changing business landscape full of unforeseeable challenges.
“I chose the UQ MBA because of its credibility on a global scale. The program opened my eyes to the whole spectrum of business and how strategic decisions are made. I also enjoyed discussing the practical examples brought to class by my peers, who came from a diverse range of industries. I was nine months pregnant when I did my last MBA course and the UQ MBA team were amazing at providing the flexibility and course materials I needed to finish the program six weeks early.”
– Camilla Roberts, Chief Commercial Officer at Food Agility. Read Camilla’s story.
Why study your MBA with UQ
Here’s what sets the UQ MBA apart from other MBA programs and gives UQ graduates an advantage in a highly competitive employment market.
- Award-winning teaching staff
UQ’s engaging and passionate lecturers are experts in their field and have won more national awards than any other Australian university. No matter what challenges the world faces, UQ MBA teachers have the knowledge and industry networks to find the best business solutions.
- Career and professional development support
Achieve your professional goals in record time with the support of UQ’s dedicated MBA Careers and Professional Development Team. UQ MBA students and alumni enjoy lifelong access to tailored expert advice, exclusive career events, free one-on-one consultations and introductions to industry connections.
- Learn and network with the best
Ranked #1 in Queensland and #1 worldwide for student quality*, your peers will have an average of 12.5 years’ experience with at least 6 years in managerial positions. You’ll study with a diverse class of passionate peers before joining a global network of over 4000 alumni striving to collaborate and help each other succeed. These connections will prove invaluable throughout your career. See our high-achieving MBA class of 2021.
- Quality learning experience
Apply everything you’ve learnt during your studies by working in teams to design and execute a strategic project for an industry partner in the corporate, no-for-profit or startup sector.
- Excellent graduate outcomes
UQ MBA graduates say the program prepared them for leadership positions in their chosen career and offered them opportunities to advance quicker. 100% of UQ alumni seeking a new job after graduation secured one within 3 months.
- Scholarships available
UQ offers a range of scholarships for prospective MBA students. More information can be found on UQ’s Scholarships website and the UQ Business School Scholarships website.
- Flexible study options for your lifestyle
Complete your MBA in 1 year, 2 years or up to 7 years with our customised, flexible timetables designed to suit your schedule. Enjoy the flexibility of studying in person at their convenient Brisbane CBD location, online via live lectures and classes, or both.
- Personal transformation
95% of UQ graduates found the program rewarding not only on a professional level, but a personal level as well. Discover the skills and confidence to lead change in an ever-changing business landscape.
“I first applied for the UQ MBA because I felt stuck in a technical career stream and wanted to break into the C-suite but was missing a business background and wanted to broaden my networks. Within my first semester, I got the title I was after, and my focus changed to considering the impact and value I could have on the community.”
– Michael Griffin, Manager – Partner Success Program at Microba Life Sciences. Read Michael’s story.
UQ MBA Course Structure
To complete the UQ MBA, you’ll study 12 courses, including one capstone project designed to prepare you for industry success.
The amount of time you’ll spend studying each week will vary depending on which study mode you choose:
You can complete the MBA program in 1 year (12 months) by studying full-time in intensive blocks between January and November. International students will need to complete the MBA using this option.
Complete the MBA program over 2 years (24 months) alongside your work commitments.
- Customised flexibility
Study at your own pace, with up to seven years to complete the program.
Want to learn how to fit MBA study into your busy schedule? Request a call with the UQ MBA team at a time that suits you to develop a personalised study plan.
UQ MBA success stories
- UQ MBA Transitions Geologist’s Full Potential For New Role in Business And Leadership
- From Hi-Vis To The High Street: How Jessie Sadler Used Her MBA to Create a Successful Fashion Label That Is Causing Waves On The Iconic
- Essential Health Workers Meeting Challenges Of Today With A UQ MBA
Ranked in the world’s top 50 by several key independent rankings, The University of Queensland is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. The University of Queensland Business School is independently ranked as one of the top business schools in Australia because of their:
- strong track record for winning highly competitive Australian Research Council grants, with research regularly cited in the world’s best journals
- regular work with top-tier national and international firms such as the Asia Development Bank, BHP Billiton, Procter and Gamble, CSIRO, Coca-Cola, Thiess and HSBC on industry consultancy projects
- striving to foster courageous thinkers who positively transform business and society, in alignment with four key international bodies: AACSB, EQUIS, UNWTO and PRME.
The UQ MBA is ranked #1 in Queensland and #1 in the world for student quality, according to The Economist 2021 international ranking.
- Domestic applicants for the UQ MBA program must have:
- four years full-time work experience post-graduation including at least two of the four years in a dedicated management or supervisory roleas approved by the Executive Dean as well as a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7-point scale, OR
- a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from UQ or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7-point scale.
- International applicants must complete the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 550. IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ International students who are accepted into full-time study in the Master of Business Administration are eligible to apply for an Australian student visa.
- If you have graduated from the Australian Institute of Company Directors’ course, you can get course credit into the UQ MBA program.
*The Economist 2021 ranking and the UQ MBA 2019 cohort