The University of Queensland Master of Business Administration (MBA) will broaden your critical thinking, creativity and agility to respond to an ever-changing business landscape, to pivot, rise to the unexpected and lead business decisions.
|Business School/Provider||University of Queensland Business School, University of Queensland, Brisbane|
|Duration||1 year Full-time
|Delivery Mode||Enjoy the best of both worlds with our hybrid learning mode. Join us in person at our convenient 293 Queen Street location in the Brisbane CBD, study online via live lectures and classes, or do a bit of both – whatever works best with your schedule.|
|Commencements||Semester 1 (17 Jan, 2022)
Semester 2 (11 Jul, 2022)
|2021 Fees||$76,560 Domestic
|Early Exit||Depending on your choice of courses, it might be possible to withdraw from the Master of Business Administration at an early exit point and graduate with a Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate.|
The University of Queensland MBA Course Overview
The University of Queensland (UQ) Master of Business Administration (MBA) will broaden your critical thinking, creativity and agility to respond to an ever-changing business landscape, to pivot, rise to the unexpected and lead business decisions.
“The UQ MBA really stood out amongst its peers because of its range of practical experiences, such as the industry projects, which were perfect for me and where I wanted to go. I also wanted to build a network, to study with and learn from ambitious people from diverse industries and backgrounds – UQ really gave me that.” – Samantha Rush, Executive Director, Suncorp
As a student and alumnus of this program, you’ll have the opportunity to tap into a local and global network – all striving to collaborate, succeed and support each other. In fact, our students were ranked #1 in the world for student quality by The Economist, which surveys alumni from the top business schools globally. That’s because the networks, friendships and bonds our UQ MBA students build with each other are lifelong.
Why study your MBA with UQ
The unique features of the UQ MBA sets it apart from other MBA programs and gives graduates a career advantage in the highly competitive employment market.
- Award-winning teaching staff – Our engaging and passionate lecturers are experts in their field and have won more national awards than any other Australian University.
- Career and professional development support – UQ MBA students and alumni enjoy lifelong access to a dedicated MBA Careers and Professional Development Teamwho can connect you with industry and provide one-on-one consultations.
- Quality learning experience – Ranked #1 in Queensland and #1 worldwide for student quality*, your peers will have an average of 12.5 years’ experience with at least 6 years in managerial positions. During your studies, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with industry and learn with real-world experience across 13 client-facing projects. The connections and professional networks you establish during your UQ MBA will prove invaluable throughout your career.
- Excellent graduate outcomes
UQ MBA alumni enjoy an average salary after graduation of $170,000* with 77% of graduates changing careers.
“I looked at other programs and quickly realised UQ was the choice for me – it would help me take my career where I wanted to go, and it was incredibly flexible. I did almost 80% of my course in the first two years, and 20% in the remaining four years. UQ had the flexibility to change with me. Before I’d even graduated, I secured my dream job in a general management role. I knew my UQ MBA was going to open doors – I didn’t realise it would happen so soon. I would never have even been shortlisted for the role if I wasn’t studying my MBA. That was a pivotal moment for me.” – Tim Kuusik, General Manager, ARQ Group.
UQ MBA Course Structure
To complete the UQ MBA, you’ll study 12 courses, including one of three capstone projects designed to prepare you for industry success.
If you have graduated from the Australian Institute of Company Directors’ course, you can also get course credit into the UQ MBA program.
The amount of time you’ll spend studying each week will vary depending on which study mode you choose:
You can complete the MBA program in 12 months by studying full-time in intensive blocks between January and November in the same year. International students will need to complete the MBA using this option. Want to find out more? Our MBA team can ring at a time that suits you.
Complete the MBA program over 24 months alongside your work commitments by studying during morning, evening or weekend classes as well as one-week intensive options. Request a call with our MBA team to develop a personalised study plan to suit your busy schedule.
- Customised flexibility
Study at your own pace on weekdays, weeknights, weekends or an array of short intensive options. You will have up to seven years to fully complete the program if needed. Please talk to our MBA team to understand just how flexible we are.
The University of Queensland ranks in the top 50 as measured by the Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities. The University also ranks 46 in the QS World University Rankings, 42 in the US News Best Global Universities Rankings, 66 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and 54 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
The University of Queensland Business School placed in the top 100 worldwide across all relevant subject areas in the 2021 QS World University Rankings by Subject. Two subject areas, Hospitality and Leisure Management, and Accounting and Finance, ranked in the world’s top 50.
The Business School’s subject area rankings are:
- Hospitality and Leisure Management – #31
- Accounting and Finance – #48
- Business and Management – #51-100
- Domestic applicants for the UQ MBA program must have:
- four years full-time work experience post-graduation including at least two of the four years in a dedicated management or supervisory role as approved by the Executive Dean as well as a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7-point scale, OR
- a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from UQ or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7-point scale.
- International applicants must complete the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 550. IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ International students who are accepted into full-time study in the Master of Business Administration are eligible to apply for an Australian student visa.
The University of Queensland offers a range of scholarships for undergraduate, postgraduate and Higher Degree by Research students. Information relating to these scholarships can be found on UQ’s Scholarships website and the UQ Business School Scholarships website.
*The Economist 2021 ranking and the UQ MBA 2017 cohort