|Business School/Provider||UTS Business School, University of Technology Sydney|
|Duration||1 year Full-time|
|Delivery Mode||Delivered on-campus at UTS Ultimo|
|Commencements||Autumn, Spring & Summer sessions|
|2019 Fees||$16,445 Domestic
UTS MBA (Entrepreneurship) Course Overview
The UTS MBA (Entrepreneurship) is a unique 12-month intensive MBA designed for entrepreneurs and innovators. The program provides students with the skills, knowledge and networks needed to take an idea, develop it into a product or service offering, create a commercial or social venture and take the venture to market.
Students learn fundamental business skills in accounting, finance, marketing, sales and data analytics, and develop knowledge in important areas of entrepreneurship and innovation management including learning how to identify and commercialise opportunities, apply start-up methods to develop products and services, seek support and funding for ventures, and scale entrepreneurial organisations.
Students are embedded in the local entrepreneurial ecosystem (incubators, accelerators, venture capitalists) and exposed to global best practices while they develop networks useful for their own ventures.
UTS MBA (Entrepreneurship) Course Structure
The program comprises 72 credit points.
- 25932 Start-up Finance and Accounting – 6 points
- 24983 Start-up Data, Marketing and Sales – 6 points
- 21940 Opportunity Commercialisation – 12 points
- 21941 Leadership, Teams and Scalability – 6 points
- 21942 Start-up Structures, IP and Negotiation – 6 points
- 21943 Venture Planning and Pitching – 12 points
- 21944 Entrepreneurship and Innovation Practice – 12 points
- 21925 Founder at Heart – 6 points
- 21934 Venture Growth and Internationalisation – 6 points
What UTS Says
Students with commercial or social venture ideas who want to develop their business and entrepreneurial skills and knowledge benefit from studying this program. The flexible modular structure of the program allows students to study the program in stages while developing and working on their entrepreneurial or innovation project. Students also have access to a project space, a mentor program and non-award-based master classes and events with entrepreneurs and other relevant industry practitioners who provide reality and rigour to supplement their classroom study.
The University of Technology Sydney and UTS Business School holds AACSB Accreditation.
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants also require:
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 out of 4 with less than 10 per cent fail grades, or
- A Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) overall minimum score of 550, with verbal 25, quantitative 35 and AWA 4.0, and
- A minimum of at least four years’ relevant work experience.
Applicants with a relevant graduate certificate must have completed it with at least a credit average. Applicants applying with a GMAT should achieve an overall minimum score of 550.
The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is:
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or,
- PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place.
Visa requirement: To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.